Monday, October 27, 2014

Thing 14

Thing 14:
Podcasts
I have had a pleasant experience learning about podcast. I searched out information about how students interact with math in education and the psychology behind their anxiety and their struggles. with it.  I built on the information I already new about podcast.  It has opened my eyes to the vast opportunities of creating my own podcast, which has been a desire of my mind.  The article on the definition of podcast was informative on the ease of creating a podcast and educational purposes.
I went on to look up podcast that already been created concerning the education gap between America and other countries.  It discussed how the regardless of race, creed, or other societal factors it benefited students to embark upon AP courses in in high School.  The podcast also discussed the production.  I also listened to a short "Science Update Podcast" on math anxiety the neurological effects it had on the brain. It stated that the parts of the brain associated with pain were activated whether person was good at math are not.  It stated that the participants did not feel actual pain, but nevertheless it is an interesting study.  I found many other great sources of information on podcast alley.
I also explored Texas education on Itunes U and I found it easiest to use on my ipad, of course.  I subscribed to profound understanding of Children's Mathematics.   One of the podcasts was called Geometry Jane.  Jane was a teacher who started as a special-education teacher who went back to get a math degree.  She stated that she then became a high school algebra teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment