Monday, October 20, 2014

Thing 12 and 13

Thing 12 and 13
I looked through you tube to see if I could find out new things about it.  I definitely did not find new tools, but I did find interesting videos that I have never seen before that I can use in my classroom.  I also found out information I either did not know or needed a refresher from videos I watched.  The thing I do enjoy most about YouTube as an educator is that I can watch videos of ways that  other teachers present a certain topic  or subject.  I often steal ideas form the videos of fun ideas, games and techniques from teachers I see on the tube.  I really am encouraged by the cat that sharing of information is so accessible.  It encourages to make my own video and get my message out. I also sometimes may have gotten foggy on all the nuances of teach a particular subject and watching someone else struggle the process of teaching the same subject puts me at ease.  It decreases my anxiety to know that other have similar encounters with students.  It allows me to prepare better by assessing what happens before I teach a new unit.
One of the videos I watched was on slope which is what we are working on in my class at the moment.   I really enjoyed the gentleman style of teaching and he was part of a website called yaymath.com.    I embedded the video on this page.  It appeared he went around working with young kids teaching them new techniques for solving algebra problems. I went and checked out school math and and I thought it was a cool website that allowed you to troll education videos on a more censored website than youtube it probably is easier to get approved by your district for your student's use.  It also looked like it had I great deal of student uploaded videos from announcements to reality shows to newscast.  I actually watched one of their suggested videos on Andrew Jackson. It had great animation and was interesting and informative. http://bit.ly/16K6Bkh



I was able to upload a video blog to YouTube also.  I titled it "I Disagree" after this blog.
http://youtu.be/KKwsGB4N3pw 

No comments:

Post a Comment